Tuesday, September 3, 2013

National Day of the Pedestrian

Internet is working for the moment, so I thought I'd update....

The past week or so has been a whirlwind of kids and fun.  Teaching is slowly adjusting and the kids are getting used to me...I still have yet to get used to them. Lol!  They've been working on creating stories in groups, and I've enjoyed watching them get into their project.  Many groups chose to do horror stories, which I cautioned them to make it school appropriate.  But there are a few groups who are really being creative and it's been fun seeing them get into the stories.  

On Sunday, we celebrated "National Day of the Pedestrian," which is throughout all of Bolivia.  On this day, all motorized vehicles are prohibited from driving and the streets are covered with people walking and riding bikes.  Downtown, was covered with vendors and activities.  Giovanni took Leah, Hannah, and I downtown to explore.  We went to the Tennis club and was able to rent a third bike from one of the cooks.  The three of us went exploring Cochabamba for about an hour and a half, until Hannah started feeling sick.  She had been sick the past few days and, though, she had been feeling better, I think it was a little much.  We headed back and she returned to the Tennis Club to rest with Giovanni.  I also had to sit out for a while because the sun was causing me to feel light-headed and nauseous.  But, I soon recovered.  Leah and I headed over to a friend's for dinner, which was amazing...basil pizza. Yum!

The mountains and scenery has slowly been turning green and luscious.  I can't wait until the trees are in full bloom and the flowers are bright and colorful.  I've been meaning to post pictures of my adventures, but with my internet down, it presents a bit of a problem.  

Well, that's pretty much what's been going on lately.  Am planning on blogging more about the beep distinctions and a typical day for me, but that will be later.  Hopefully, once my internet is fixed completely.  If there are any topics you, my readers, would like me to address, please let me know!!  Until next time....


No comments:

Post a Comment